Sunday 19 May 2013


Sunday 19 May 

I have had a disturbed night.  I was so tired, but I did not feel well during the night.  I feel all weak and shaky.  It must have something to do with what I ate or drank last night.  I get up fairly early.  I take the opportunity to shower hoping that will perk me up, but I feel no better.  I’m not sure what to do.  

The plan for today is to leave the Marina at the first opportunity which is not likely to be before midday.  Then we were going to go west.  Richard has calculated that we can get to Treguier River by about 8:00pm, which would just about do.  But I don’t know if I am up to a long sail.  But worse, the weather has deteriorated and it is raining.  We are not sure if it will carry on.

While Richard goes to have his shower I go back to bed to see if that will make me feel better.  It doesn’t really.  In the meantime the weather is getting worse and worse and the forecast is for force 5 winds and rain.  Neither of us fancy going out in that.  As I keep saying this is supposed to be fun, not a chore.  So we will just stay in.

We made our minds up before we came that we would try to lose weight.  We started the 2 day a week fasting diet a few weeks ago and both lost a little bit, (about 2 kilo for me), but we had lapsed in the last week.  But we are going to start again and today is our first fasting day on the boat.  Maybe that is just as well with my tum being ropy.  

So we have a long boring day on the boat while the rain gets worse and worse.  We thought we might try to go to the cinema, but find that there is no cinema in St Peter Port and the only one is on the other side of the Island in an hotel.  So we give up on that. 

We eventually have our super low calorie dinner - prawn stir-fry.  I really was hungry today.  And then to bed.  It is still raining and freezing cold.  The radio weather report says it has been warm and sunny today in southern England.  Have we gone the wrong way!

No comments:

Post a Comment