Tuesday 28 May 2013


Tuesday 28 May

Yes the weather is bad, so we aren’t going anywhere.  It is raining hard on and off.  We keep getting caught out in the showers.  We are fasting today so we have a lazy morning with a light late breakfast.  I shower and wash my hair.  I keep hoping we will find a good place to have a seafood platter and I could get dressed up.  Nothing yet.

We decide to take the bus to Quimper. It leaves from the centre of the town at 1:00.  It is an odd route going back and forth between villages, sometimes going back on itself.  But in less than an hour we are in Quimper.  We are going to try to do some of the shopping we have been unable to get.  We do very well.  We get the French Sim for my phone and a wireless 3G thingy which will get us Internet for all our toys when we can’t get free WIFI.  We also get me a watchstrap and I buy a new butter dish to make up for the one I broke in Dinan.  The only problem is how I will get it to Dinan.  We’ll work it out.

We have drinks with Jean and Tony on their Bavaria.  The only problem is that we are just on fizzy water.  At the same time I do a couple of loads of laundry so we have clean linens and underwear to last us for another week or two.

Dinner is a sparse but tasty prawn dish from the diet cookbook.  Then to bed.  We will go somewhere tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment