Thursday 12 September 2013

Wednesday 4 September


The weather is nice, but we can’t just go to the beach or loll about.  We have to provision the boat!  We take a bus to the big hypermarket just out of town.  I can just manage to hobble to the bus stop.  I manage to inch my way around the huge store hanging on to the shopping trolley while Richard finds the Orange shop to top up our internet device and my French Mobile sim card.

We miss the next bus back and rather than hang around for an hour we get the shop to call us a taxi.  That too works out well and we get everything back on the boat, including me.  I think my leg is improving, or at least the pain killers mean that I can use the leg and I am not in pain, but I still can’t really put all my weight on it.

The boat seems fine and we unpack everything ready for tomorrow.    I find that I have left a number of things I want behind.  I haven’t got my none-prescription sun glasses, which I usually wear for sailing or my boat cookbook!  I guess I wasn’t all there when I tried to pack on Monday night!  We still haven’t decided whether to go tomorrow or stay another day, but that depends on my knee really.

No comments:

Post a Comment